10 Reasons To Be Part Of The June 8 Religious Freedom Prayer Rally In Rockford And Freeport—Rockford/Freeport IL.- (ProLifeCorner.com) – 5-28-2012 – The Obama administration is trying to remove any public influence Christians may have on society and make Christianity something that can only be practiced within the four walls of a church building. At noon on June 8, Christians from throughout the Rockford area will gather for an hour at the corner of State and Alpine for a religious freedom prayer vigil and public witness to our Christian faith. In Freeport our rally will take place at Debate Square from noon-1:00pm
This hour of public prayer, scripture reading, and witness to Jesus Christ will be our way of seeking God’s grace and help for our country and of showing our community that authentic Christian faith must be lived in a public way as well as in our hearts.
Below are ten reasons why we hope you will be part of the religious freedom prayer rally in Rockford at noon on June 8.
1. If we don’t pray and take a stand for religious freedom, we will lose it. Bishop Daniel Jenky recently said, ““As Christians, we must love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us, but as Christians we must also stand up for what we believe and always be ready to fight for the faith.
Hitler and Stalin, at their better moments, would just barely tolerate some churches remaining open, but would not tolerate any competition with the state in education, social services, and health care. In clear violation of our First Amendment rights, Barack Obama — with his radical pro-abortion and extreme secularist agenda — now seems intent on following a similar path.”
2. The attack on religious freedom goes way beyond the HHS mandate. The Obama administration is attacking religious freedom in ways too numerous to list. Here are just a few examples:
Telling churches whom they can hire and fire. (The Tabor Lutheran case)
Altering Church structure and governance. (The Judiciary Committee of Connecticut case)
Christian students on campus discriminated against. (University of California Hastings case)
Christian foster care and adoption services closed down. (Boston, San Francisco, DC, and Illinois cases)
Discrimination against Christian humanitarian services. (Examples to numerous to count)
Discrimination against small church congregations. (The Bronx Household of Faith case)
3. Protecting the poor and vulnerable. Christians through their ministries have always worked to love, serve, and protect the poor and vulnerable. If religious freedom is taken away in America, the poor and needy will be harmed immeasurably.
4. Because Obama is trying to strip religious freedom from all Christians and Americans, this is an ecumenical prayer rally. The attack on religious freedom by the Obama administration has united Christians in prayer and action for the good of all Americans. We need every Christian to defend faith in Christ and all Americans’ God-given rights to live their faith without threats of government oppression.
5. Standing united against the culture of death. The Obama HHS mandate is the most powerful attack by the culture of death against innocent human life since abortion was legalized in America. If the HHS contraception / sterilization / abortion-inducing drug mandate stands, every person in America will be offered by a government mandate abortion-inducing drugs free of charge – we will have truly become a nation of death.
6. Now is the time to recapture a Christian vision for America. America has lost its way. We have endured an epidemic of broken families and rampant crime and have killed 50 million children by abortion. And more and more people are turning to the government to pay for the necessities of their everyday lives.
This religious freedom rally will be one step in seeking God’s grace to turn around the decline of our nation and once again base our public life on Christian principles and values.
7. Will you spend one hour with Me? Jesus asked His apostles, “Could you not watch one hour with Me?” If we won’t stand in public for religious freedom, who will? If we won’t take one hour on June 8 to pray with our Christian neighbors for our country, who will? It is up to us who believe to “spend one hour” with and for our Blessed Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
8. Wonderful Christian fellowship. Our religious freedom prayer rally is a great way to pray with, meet, and experience the vibrant faith and love of so many Christians from different churches in our area.
9. To protect and defend the Constitution. In the history of America, no politician has attempted to shred the Constitution in the countless ways Barack Obama has. This rally is not only about safeguarding religious freedom and protecting the millions of people who will be harmed by the HHS mandate, but it is also about preserving political justice and freedom for all Americans. http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/president-obamas-top-10-constitutional-violations
10. Prayer, the most powerful force in the world. We saw firsthand the power of prayer in the closing of the Rockford abortion mill. It took years, but the Christians of Rockford never stopped praying for an end to the killing of children by abortion in Rockford, and God honored those years of persistent prayer by closing Rockford’s killing center forever.
Now we have to persistently and publicly pray that our entire nation is not stripped of religious freedom. We know if we faithfully pray, God will answer in His time and in His way.
Information on Freeport’s June 8th rally:
The June 8th rally in Freeport will feature, as keynote speaker, Mitch Striedl, Director of the Diocese of Rockford’s Respect Life office; our special guest speaker will be Lisa Johnson of Silent No More in Rockford. Lisa will give the powerful and heart wrenching experiences she suffered with abortion in her life.
If you missed the March 23rd rally in Freeport with our wonderful speakers, not to worry; we felt it was so worthwhile we are re-presenting below all the video’s from that day. They are well worth your time.
For any questions about the June 8 rally you can contact rally captain Terry Gogel at: email@example.com
American Patriots Defend Religious Freedoms
Freeport IL.- ProLifeCorner.com – 4-2-2012 – by Staff – On March 23rd in over 140 cities all across America, over 60,000 American patriots gathered to tell Obama that we will not accept his attack on our religious freedoms. The rally held at the historic site of the famous Lincoln-Douglas debate in Freeport, IL was but one of many rallies held that day.
All across America that day many great religious and civic leaders gathered to give their reasons why Obama’s attack on our religious freedoms is wrong. Some sites regretted that their wonderful speakers were not preserved on film. At Debate Square we were able to capture the entire event and our editors were able to break the event down to the individual speakers for your convenience.
Their talks are as short as 2 minutes and as long as 13. We believe all Americans should hear what was said that day in Freeport. It will strengthen your faith in God and country.
Bookmark this article and come back until you have seen all the videos. We are all busy but if you watch just 2 or 3 of these short videos, in 3 visits you will hear the words of love of God and respect for the Constitution and Bill of Rights delivered that day. It is our hope you will enjoy these videos and send a link to this article to everyone on your mailing list.
God Bless you and God Bless America!
Pastor Steven Barr East Gate Christian Center Speaks Out Against The HHS Mandate 6 min
Pastor Timothy Barr St. Joseph’s Catholic Church Speaks Out Against The HHS Mandate 13 min
Retired Judge Charles Hartman Speaks Out Against The HHS Mandate 6 min
Pastor Jon Singleton Embury Methodist Church Speaks Out Against The HHS Mandate 7 min
Retired school administrator Ellen Slick Speaks Out Against The HHS Mandate 5min
Board Member Stephenson County Right to Life Christopher Clukey Speaks Out Against The HHS Mandate 7 min
Pastor William McDonnell St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Speaks Out Against The HHS Mandate 2 min
The Ortega Family “ One Voice” Sings Out For Religious Freedom 5 min