You Are Needed To Bring Christ To The People Of Rockford Through 40 Days For Life.
Over 50,000 area children have died in the Rockford abortion facility since 1985.
40 Days for Life is a peaceful, prayerful campaign to end abortion. Last year 37 local Rockford area churches participated. In the two years that Rockford has participated in the campaign we’ve seen astounding results.
- 32 babies were saved from abortion!
- Each save represents a Mother and a Father (64 individuals) that were saved from a lifetime of guilt and regret.
- Each save also represents an unknown impact upon hundreds of people who will now come into contact with that child in the future
- Over 500 people from a variety of denominations joined together to pray for –
- an end to abortion
- the healing of women that have had abortions
- the healing of abortion facility personnel through the acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior
- Participants being called by the Holy Spirit to remain involved in the pro life ministry
The 2011 Spring 40 Days for Life campaign starts on Ash Wednesday, March 9, and concludes on Palm Sunday, April 17.
We invite you to join us in this battle for life. Please sign-up for an hour of prayer at the Rockford abortion facility
It is a deeply rewarding experience to greet the Lord on Easter morning knowing that you helped to save His unborn children.
What Is 40 Days For Life In Rockford All About?
40 DAYS FOR LIFE PRAYER CAMPAIGN UPDATE:
In a little over a week, the peaceful prayer campaign in Rockford will begin. We hope many people will step forward to participate in this extremely important pro-life effort which saves innocent, helpless babies, helps moms in crisis turn from the worst mistake they can make, helps protect entire families, and sends a message loud and clear to our community and beyond that killing babies for money is wrong, must stop, and that many good people are willing to band together to stand "in the gap" and say, "NO!"
How can you help?
1. Prayer and fasting during Lent at home, at work, alone, in groups. Ask a friend or a study group to join you.
2. Sidewalk prayer vigil participation. Abortions occur twice a week in Rockford at the old Turner School on Broadway and 10th (1400 Broadway). Please come there to pray anytime but particularly during Lent (March 9-April 17) between 6 am and 6 pm. Please utilize the resources provided from the goodness of their hearts by the Brady family who own the Labor News building just to the east of the abortion facility. There you will find coffee and other snacks, restrooms, signs to borrow, warmth and friendship. While there, say hello to really good people.
Sign Ups for the prayer vigil schedule help the organizers cover the schedule more completely. It helps greatly but is not mandatory. If you are willing to sign up, please visit: 40daysforlife.com/rockford
3. Place a yard sign at your home/business/church. Please contact
4. Come to the Kick-off Rally: "WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE,"on March 8 at 7 pm in First Free Evangelical Church, 2223 N. Mulford Rd. Rockford, IL. Hear inspirational speakers, pick up yard signs, and enjoy refreshments and fellowship with your pro-life friends and neighbors.
5. Donations are still needed to provide the materials which support this effort both during the campaign and throughout the year as outreach continues. If able, please send donations to Rockford Pro-Life Initiative, PO Box 1153, Rockford, IL 61105.
For additional information, please contact the following helpful websites:
For questions or suggestions, please email us at: email@example.com
In His service,
The 40 Days for Life Co-ordinating Committee