Do Pro-Lifers Only Care About Pre-Born Children?
ProLifeCorner – 10-15-2016 – by Rockford Pro-Life Initiative – Abortion supporters, in a effort to cover-up their willingness to destroy human life, often accuse pro-lifer of only caring about children in the womb.
Below are a few facts that shed light on the reality that pro-lifers don’t care about all children.
- The entire philosophy and theology of the pro-life movement is love, care, and respect for every person no matter how old or young, rich or poor, color, race, or religion. We try to see Jesus in every person that is why we are so passionate about the pro-life cause because if society can legally kill millions of children all human lives are devalued. “We must not be surprised when we hear of murders, of killings, of wars, of hatred. If a mother can kill her own child, what is left but for us to kill each other.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- Pro-lifers have established over 2500 pregnancy care centers in America alone. These centers receive no government funding and are staffed by volunteers. These pregnancy care centers help hundreds of thousands of mothers and children. The pro-abortion movement uses every legal means they can to shut-down these Christian centers of love and hope. They use the lie that pro-lifers only care about children before they are born. A large number of women who use Pregnancy care centers do so AFTER the birth of their child. “That special power of loving that belongs to a woman is seen most clearly when she becomes a mother. Motherhood is the gift of God to women. How grateful we must be to God for this wonderful gift that brings such joy to the whole world, women and men alike!” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- Pro-lifers also help post abortive mothers. Rachel’s Vineyard, Rachel’s Project and many other groups help mothers receive forgiveness, love, friendship, and healing after an abortion. “Abortion kills twice. It kills the body of the baby and it kills the conscience of the mother. Abortion is profoundly anti-women. Three quarters of its victims are women: Half the babies and all the mothers.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- As far as helping children and adults living in poverty, educational and health care needs of our sisters and brothers, addiction problems, physical and spiritual problems, and the countless list of human frailty, I have never in my life met a pro-lifer who was not involved in other areas of ministry as well. Once we see the humanity of a child in the womb, when we see the presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, our love for all people grows. “It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- We have to remember that Planned Parenthood receives over 600 million dollars in government funding to kill God’s children in the womb and our society and culture has bought into the culture of death. Pro-lifers love and support mothers from the goodness of their hearts and it takes a lot of time, effort, and resources to counter satan’s victory of over 500 million abortions worldwide in the last 50 years. ‘The greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion, which is war against the child. The mother doesn’t learn to love, but kills to solve her own problems. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- One of the most important things the pro-life movement does is teach that abortion is a grave crime against God and humanity. People can lose their immortal souls because of abortion. It is vitally important that abortion is always and everywhere opposed by people who love Jesus and want all souls to go to heaven. “By abortion the Mother does not learn to love, but kills her own child to solve her problems. And, by abortion, that father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. The father is likely to put other women to the same trouble. So abortion leads to more abortion.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- According to the United Nations in the last 50 years our world has had between 120-150 million sex selection abortions. The heart breaks to realize our world has killed 120-150 million female babies in the womb for what they believe is the crime of being a girl/female child. No philosophy, ideology, or genocide in world history has attacked and murdered so many females simply because they are female as the “pro-choice” movement has. In the past these sex-selection abortions were done after an ultrasound determined the sex of the child. A new do-it-yourself urine test will be widely available soon that will predict the sex of the baby in the womb. In the coming decades the number of babies in the womb murdered because they are girls will be astronomical. Pro-lifers must put a lot of prayer, time, energy and resources into fighting this Gendercide. We all should care for our environment but we also need to fight the Gendercide/genocide that has killed well over 100 million girl children and will only be getting worse. “Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being’s entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta
- Every child, every person is a wanted person. God loves them, created them, and wants them. One of the most important things pro-lifers do is stand up for, protect, and love those who our society claims are unwanted, unloved, or unlovable. No matter if it is a person in the womb, a prisoner on death row, the mentally or physically handicapped, the elderly, the poor or homeless. The pro-life movement loves all people. Please don’t ever listen to the lies and misinformation of those who support abortion or who oppose pro-lifers because of political motives. “I see somebody dying, I pick him up. I find somebody hungry, I give him food. He can love and be loved. I don’t look at his color, I don’t look at his religion. I don’t look at anything. Every person whether he is Hindu, Muslim or Buddhist, he is my brother, my sister.” Saint Teresa of Calcutta