Why Does the Main Stream Media Censor News?
ProLifeCorner- By Larry Plachno- Why does the Main Stream Media Censor News? This question came up recently in regard to the videos showing Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts. Anyone who looks at the situation knows that the Main Stream Media regularly ignores, censors and bends the news to suit its own agenda and morals. But the really interesting question is not what they do but why they do it. Give me a few minutes of your time and I will explain the “why.”
The examples of this are far too numerous to mention. Recently, the most glaring example is that while the videos came out showing Planned Parenthood selling baby body parts for profit, sometimes cut from babies still breathing, most of the networks were concerned about Cecil the lion. We regularly hear about endangered species of animals and the work being done to increase their numbers. But, the MSM has little to say about nationalities whose numbers drop in half each generation because they have turned away from marriage and family. And, don’t hold your breath waiting for the MSM to do a program on how the best indicator that someone will end up in prison is being raised without the guidance of a father.
Where they don’t ignore or censor, they bend. A “pro-life” gathering is often reported as “anti-abortion.” Then, “abortion” becomes “women’s health.” A baby, even after birth with formed body parts, is often “fetal tissue.” Contraception becomes “family planning,” and broken homes become “single parenting.” I might also note that they love to talk about “rights” but seem to forget about “responsibilities.”
Let me suggest that the real reason behind this censorship is because the MSM does not want to admit that good and evil exist or that you might actually come out ahead by working with others and helping others. That would be against their moral code, or more correctly, their lack-of-morals code. It also amounts to ignoring the love of God and love of neighbor admonishments of Jesus Christ.
Love of God, Love of Neighbor
Why does it seem like most of our problems stem from our ignoring the basic love of God and love of neighbor admonishments of Jesus Christ? There are both a religious and a secular side to this that echo each other. The Christian side starts with the fact that God sent His Son to earth to suffer and die to atone for our sins. This tells us that good and evil are a top priority with God and that some atonement is required for doing evil. Jesus Christ gave us two rules to live by: love of God and love of Neighbor. We love God by judging our actions and decisions as good or evil. We are a follower of Jesus Christ when we define “good” as what is best for others and society. This is why the traditional definition of a Christian is someone who has a strong concern for others.
What is interesting is that the researchers and demographers will tell you that these same two things show up in regard to social problems. The biggest cause of social problems is not judging our actions as good or evil and not doing what is best for others and society. While some people insist that they have to put themselves first, the reports and statistics show that people who work with others and put others first actually come out ahead in many areas including better health, less poverty, less homelessness and less crime,
All of this becomes very important when you realize that when faced with an action or decision that could harm others you have two choices. You can be unselfish and do what is best for others. Or, you can do what you want regardless of whom you harm. To a large extent, our society has become polarized over these questions.
The decision to judge actions and decisions as good or evil and to put others first is not restricted to Christians. There are many people, including atheists, who understand that we all come out ahead if we work together for common goals. They also understand that our society will fall apart if we can’t agree on common goals and agree on good and evil.
Why Liberals Have to Censor
To a large extent, our society is polarized over these questions. Conservatives and Christians are statistically more likely to believe in judging their actions and decisions as good or evil and understand that we all come out ahead if we put others first and do what is best for society. Liberals are statistically more likely to believe in “choice” rather than judging actions as good or evil. They also want to ignore the benefits of putting others first and working with others.
The problem is that when you actually look at things, the liberal position is logically untenable. You almost have to feel sorry for the liberals and the MSM because it is difficult if not impossible to justify their position. Their moral (or rather, lack of moral) position on both good and evil as well as on working with others is in direct opposition with both logic and statistics.
They want to say that good and evil do not exist and everything is a choice. But if this is true then murder, selling drugs to kids and shooting guns in school become choices. We would not need laws and courts if there is no good and evil and everything is a choice.
Likewise, these same people will say that it is OK to do what you want regardless of whom you harm. But again, simple logic tells us that we all come out ahead if we work together for common goals and put others first. Progress comes from working together. Wars come from fighting.
Some liberals claim that there should be choices on where you can apply choice. This then resolves down to expecting some individuals to judge actions as good or evil while allowing other people to go with choice. Again, this makes no sense. Ask a simple question like: should people be encouraged to enslave or kill groups that they think are less than human? The Dred Scott decision in early U.S. history said that people of African descent were not equal and could not become citizens. During World War II there were some who held that Jews were inferior. Today, some people say that unborn babies are less than human. The question is not what you think but what they think.
What this boils down to is that many liberals and the MSM end up censoring and bending the truth where it does not support their less-than-moral philosophy. They have to censor out any suggestion that good and evil exists because that would demolish their belief in choice. They have to eliminate mention of the fact that people come out ahead by working together and putting others first because that would support Jesus Christ’s love of neighbor admonishment.
As a result we have this merry game where the MSM tries to hide any mention that good and evil might actually exist. They also want to avoid talking about any suggestion that we might actually come out ahead by working together. You can simply go down the line of MSM actions and see where all this fits in.
• The MSM cannot talk about Planned Parenthood “harvesting” and selling body parts from breathing babies because someone might actually think about good and evil in regard to this. But if someone does this with animals, it is another story.
• The MSM will not mention the trauma and increased health risks with abortion because that might make you think about good and evil in regard to abortion. Then, it would difficult to defend it as a choice.
• Have you ever thought about why the MSM pushes abortion over adoption? Because allowing the baby to be born destroys “choice.” In order to preserve “choice” you must kill the baby.
• The negativity of the MSM to Christianity is obvious. Christians are their enemy because Christians believe in good and evil rather than choice and know that we come out ahead by working together.
• The MSM is not going to tell you that several nationalities are endangered species because they have moved away from marriage and family. As a result, their fertility rate has dropped below replacement levels, some already at less than half replacement level. Doing this would suggest that acknowledging the benefits of marriage to society should not be a choice.
• The MSM is not going to tell you that the best indicator that someone will end up in prison is being raised without the guidance of a father. You might actually think that working together in marriage and traditional families is good for society rather than a choice.
• Marriage is a “Catch 22” for the MSM because if you accept choice then you also accept social problems. Rarely will you find the MSM admitting that marriage reduces most of our social problems including poverty, homelessness, crime and especially broken homes. In fact, marriage is a major problem for the MSM. Since 80 percent of women seeking abortions are not married, any positive comment about marriage becomes a negative against choice in both abortion and marriage.
• While there are all kinds of reports and statistics showing this, the MSM will rarely mention that kids are better off being brought up with their biological mother and father.
• I am reminded of the tragic school shooting in Connecticut. The MSM tended to ignore the fact that the young man involved did not have the guidance of the father and lived among people who said that good and evil do not exist and everything is a choice. Instead of talking about good and evil, some of the MSM wanted to blame the gun.
If you ask someone from the MSM whether good and evil applies to murder, abortion, marriage, selling drugs to kids and shooting guns in school you probably will not get a straight answer. They do not want to admit that they cannot apply “choice” to everything.
Hence, the next time you see the MSM avoiding news or bending the truth, just ask yourself why. Most likely they don’t want to talk about good and evil and do not want to admit that working together and helping others is good for society. It all goes back to the love of God and love of neighbor of Jesus Christ.
Editors Note: Larry Plachno is a successful businessman, publisher, author, and composer of an incalculable number of articles relating to family, life issues and associated problems and solutions. This barely scratches the surface of what Larry really is. His love of God, family and country is inspiring.
For years now Larry has shared his writings with us here at the ProLifeCorner and we are truly humbled by his generosity.
Larry is also an ardent blogger and is a prolific writer. You can follow his work at: www.unselfish.org